Thursday 9 August 2012

 Sketchbooks


" This will be a collection without order, made up of many sheets...and I believe that before I am at the end of this I shall have to repeat the same thing several times; and therefore, oh reader, blame me not because the subjects are many and the mind can not retain them..."
Leonardo DaVinci
from one of his journals


In my sketch books/journals are used to collect images, information, write down my thoughts and make sketches and jot down colours. I love to see the sketches of artists, as you can see so much from the unfinshed sketches, re adjusting poses and trying to get details right. Picasso, Matisse, DaVinci are all well known for their sketchbooks and journals.

With the sun came thoughts of rabbits and hares...

media used: ink with brushes, willow sticks, and pens, water colours, chalk pastels and charcoal.



Mono Printing- lovely unpredictable marks...




Love the images on Cathy Kiffney creates, click here to see ceramic lovelyness!
Also Karen Davis's beautiful paintings and illustration here.  

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment